[Replay] Breaking Down Barriers: Conversations on Leadership & Inclusivity in Construction
Hear leadership stories from three professional women in building that will inspire and motivate through anecdotes, techniques and strategies designed to support a growing industry that’s inclusive and open-minded.
To register, click ‘Add to cart’ and then check-out via the shopping cart feature at the top of this page.
Join us for an inspirational conversation with three female leaders who represent diverse backgrounds in the residential construction industry. Hear experiences from a skilled trades professional, a builder, and a construction management educator and learn what inspires them to continue to break down barriers for women and other underrepresented communities. They’ll explore strategies and programs that demonstrate that construction is inclusive and that there are leadership opportunities at every level.
What You’ll Learn:
- Explore how anyone can be an ally to diverse communities to help dismantle stereotypes.
- Discover strategies for creating a welcoming environment for underrepresented communities who work in the industry.
- Examine barriers that exist for women and other underrepresented communities who work in construction.
- Review programs that demonstrate construction is a viable industry filled with opportunities for all.
- Juli A. Bacon – Founder and President, JB Consulting Systems
- Charner Rodgers, Ph.D, MENGR and BS – Associate Professor/Senior Program Director of Industry Relations, Department of Construction Science and Management, Robert R. Taylor School of Architecture and Construction Science and Management, Tuskegee University
- Angelica Rivera – President, Colmex Construction
Recorded: September 14, 2021
If you have any questions, please contact ElearningHelp@nahb.org.