[Replay] Take Charge of Your Books: Key Components of Solid Financial Management
This webinar will outline several key financial management components that are crucial to run and maintain a successful construction business.
Wednesday, October 14, 2020
2-3 p.m. ET
To have a successful construction business, it’s not enough to simply be good at the work being done in the field—you must also understand your financial condition so that you can plan and execute that work wisely and profitably. In this webinar, you’ll explore the key components of financial management and discover how to finally take charge of your accounting. Tips and best practices will be shared for setting up a proper chart of accounts, managing financial statements, accounting for percentage of completion in your financials, WIP schedules, budgeting, cash forecasting and more. We’ll also explore industry-leading financial ratios and benchmarks.
Participants in this webinar will:
- -Understand the importance of a budget, how to properly complete one and how to use it on an ongoing basis.
- -Explain the difference between cash and accrual accounting and the proper way to set up your financial statements.
- -Discuss the components of the WIP schedule and recognize how the results can impact your financial statements.
- Marcia Veres-Sutton, Mosley, Pfundt, Glick and O’Brien, Inc.
- Madison Decator, Mosley, Pfundt, Glick and O’Brien, Inc.
- Justin Martz, Manager, Business Development, American Express
NAHB Continuing Education: 1.0 hours of continuing education credits for the following 12 designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP, MIRM.
Live Webinars: Individuals who register for a live webinar are provided access to the webinar replay for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Registration is open until 3 p.m. ET (12 p.m. PT) on Tuesday, October 13. To receive a refund, cancellations must also be submitted by 3 p.m. ET (12 p.m. PT) on Tuesday, October 13. After that date, no refunds will be issued. Cancellation requests must be submitted to Deborah Krat at EdWebinars@nahb.org.