[Replay] Will Tomorrows Cities Be Timber Exploring
This webinar will give an overview of design and construction considerations for midrise mass timber housing within the context of streamlined project delivery. It will outline the IBC 2021 changes that allow timber to compete as a sustainable option.
To register, click ‘Add to cart’ and then check-out via the shopping cart feature at the top of this page.
In this webinar, learn about additions to the 2021 International Building Code that allow for larger and taller wood buildings. You’ll get an overview of new design and construction considerations for midrise mass timber housing within the context of streamlined project delivery and how they support urban density and more sustainable communities. Variables will include allowable increases, acoustics, and fire-rated assemblies.
Participants in this webinar will:
- Discover how midrise wood‐frame construction meets housing needs while supporting well designed urban growth.
- Identify the construction types, building metrics and fire resistance/protection requirements for timber midrise buildings per the 2021 International Building Code.
- Understand the schedule and cost implications of mass timber structures as supplemented by prefabricated assemblies.
- Craig Curtis, Chief Architect, Katerra
- Chester Weir, Design Lead, Katerra
NAHB Continuing Education: 1.0 hours of continuing education credits for the following 12 designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, CMP, CSP, GMB, GMR, Master CGP, Master CSP, MIRM.
Recorded: August 6, 2020
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.